Friday 2 May 2008

Don't do it!


I've just read a disturbing article on the BBC about South African elephants being culled because of surging populations.

There was a halt on elephant culling in 1995 in South Africa, but they have brought it back because the numbers of the creatures have doubled. The Government in SA say the culling will only be used in strict conditions.

In my opinion, I don't think the elephants should be killed, just like seals shouldn't be beaten in Canada. It's barbaric and wouldn't be acceptable in human society if the same was done to a human; it's called murder!

The article mentions something about contraception being used; I wish they would use it. These elephants should be looked after and managed in a reasonable way, not killed because they do what it natural; reproduce.

I hope someone or something stops these killings, before we become too used to slaughtering innocent animals, and maybe in the future, humans.

2 comments:

Sam said...

I totally agree, they should think of new ideas like contraception, not just kill them.

Anonymous said...

I think with todays technology they are able to come up with a more humain method of curbing the rise of elephant population